While the tell-tale sign of a leak in your home’s drain pipes is usually as easy as looking for a backup of water, there are other several other indicators that can occur well before your clog is so extreme that it causes a backup. If you notice any of the following things, you’ve most likely got a clog coming your way that you should take care of sooner than later.
Sinks and Showers:
- Drains Slowly: While water may not be entirely backing up, does it appear as though it’s draining slower than it should?
- Gurgling Sounds: Your pipes are meant to allow whatever is put down it to run smoothly. If you hear a gurgling sound coming from any of your drains, it’s a sign that that something may be obstructing its path.
- Rotting Food Smell: This mostly pertains to your kitchen sink or garbage disposal. If you smell a foul food odor coming from your drain, it’s probably because there’s food stuck in your drain. While your sink may not be backing up now, all it takes is a few additional pieces of food to stick and cause a major clog.
- Toilet Constantly Running: This could be a sign that your toilet is trying to push through a clog. If it’s randomly refilling without being a flushed, you may have an impending clog on your hands as well.
- Poor Flushing: If it seems like your toilet is struggling to flush or won’t flush at all, it could be the result of some blockage or build up.
- Leaks around the Toilet: This could be a myriad of problems, among them being a clog. See our entry on how to detect toilet leaks to help pinpoint the issue at hand.
- Hissing Sound: If you hear a hissing sound or water trickling in your tank, chances are that something is up and you’ll want to address quickly.
If you do encounter a clog, chances are a plunger could go a long way in helping you resolve it. If you don’t own a plunger or are still unable to get through it, we here at Resolve Trenchless Solutions would be more than happy to come out and RESOLVE your clog.